Saturday 22 May 2010

A BIT ABOUT ME AND WHY I’M BLOGGING

Hi, I’m new to blogging so please excuse any mistakes, typos or general ignorance on my part, offending people is not my intention. I’ve decided to start my own blog as I’ve always felt that writing is really important, but until now I’ve never had anything important enough to write about. Now I find myself the wrong side of 30 I’m thinking that if I don’t start now it may never happen.

Writing is a funny thing. Because I’m new to this form of self-expression called blogging, I feel almost blind to what type of impression I’m going to create, or what I’m going to create at all. I guess I hope that this will be an experiment on my part to see what ‘I’ look like on a page and what I can achieve and learn through the process of writing and sharing.

I also see writing as a key figure in the process of self-development: a space to create and discover who I really am and what I want in life. Like a lot of people, what I’d like is to find is a direction that will lead me to peace and happiness, and when I find it I can pass the knowledge on to my children. I believe that each of us has something that we are truly passionate about and that following our hearts will lead us to exactly this. The hard bit for me is weeding through all the things that interest me and deciding on which is my true passion, and then wondering how on earth I can make a career out of it.

At this point in my life I feel that I’ve managed to narrow down my choices and come to some tentative conclusions: that I love discovering new knowledge and information and sharing this with others - some times without the person in question actually being interested. That writing is my best bet as far as communication goes, and that what I really want is to someday publish something - or lots of things - worth reading. My most important discovery to date is the subject of my proposed writings and the things that i'm most passionate about, these being philosophical questions about the nature of the mind, the nature of reality and the role that language plays in both the mind and reality. Quite a broad category but i won't go into detail here about the many exact subjects as it may take a while!

I realise that this blog won’t be everyone’s cup of tea so to speak, but I really hope that it will speak to a smaller and maybe more select audience. What I really really hope now is that if you have enjoyed reading that you will feel inspired enough to leave a comment to tell me what you did or didn’t like, or your thoughts on the subjects, or just a general comment that has something vaguely to do with anything. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you so much xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment